the Michael Pages

MySpace

Sunday, June 27, 2004

Summer school hasn't killed me yet, but if its going to be this much work for the rest of the 2 semesters, I'm going to be little more but a bloody pulp that can tell you the abbreviations of elements off periodic table by the end of the summer. Seriously, with four summer assignments (including 3 papers that are due in a little over a month), "hell weeek" for waterpolo, and preparing for my audition for CYO at the beginning of the year, it's not going to be easy. It doesn't help that I'm somewhat of a procrastinator :P.

On Saturday I woke up, did some stuff at home, and then went over to Chris's house at around noon-ish. Then Chris's mom drove us to the Del Mar Fair where we would meet up with Caitlin, Roxanne, Ann, Jenny, and Megan about 2 hours later. While by ourselves, me and Chris covered literally every foot of the fair, and that we did not cover was covered later at night. Ahhh, there was a 93 year old singing on one of the stages and I felt really sorry for him because he was trying to be funny, but it didn't really come out as humorous, but I think that people were still laughing and clapping for him out of pitty >.<. I wanted to jump up there and make a jackass of myself so that the attention would be on me instead of the of the 93 year old. While watching him singing, we saw everyone else.

Walking through the carnival area, Chris and I would meet with the group and then break off onto our own little adventure. We went on a few rides... I got lost in the house of mirrors, and then we went on the ride called Sound Wave which was the BEST ride there =D. We both went on that ride a total of 3 times by the end of the day. While in the carnival area, I saw some people I knew, like Zander, and Jesse the base player from orchestra, and Ben Deguzman (sp?).

During the day, the fair was filled with mostly old people and young couples with children, but by evening, you could tell that punkers were gradually taking over.

About 2 hours before a show that "The Used" were gonna play with, me and Chris went over to scout out seats in the grandstands. There was already a crowd of people in front of the stage where the mosh pits would mostly have been if it weren't for all the security guards :P. It was fun finding seats, cause me and Chris were exploring the whole building and there were some floors where there would be no one but us. lol. Entire floors and just to ourselves. In the end, I think we got some pretty damn good seats. Near the beginning of the show, Laura, Alexandra, and Jessie showed up to watch with us. The whole group was together now.

The opening act was by a band called "The Haitz" or something. I felt extremely for them because they sucked, and the crowd was letting them know it. Throughout their songs, people through trash at them, booed them, water, a stuffed dolphin, drumsticks, and even a full bag of popcorn which exploded in the air which sent popcorn raining all over the stage. It was more fun to watch what was happening in the crowd than to watch these guys. Heh... we saw people trying to mosh with the security guards, people crowdsurfing, security guards wrestling people down, fun stuff!

Then "The Used" started playing, and the mood of the crowd changed completely. There's not much to say except the concert was pretty damn kick ass, and that its awesome that they would play for free at the fair. At one point, I looked around and there was no parent in sight. It might as well had been like this, cause there's was a crap load of cussing, flicking off, etc, but all of it was encouraged by the guys on the stage... "Fuck... oops, I forgot about the F-word rule. This is the county fair and all. Its supposed to be family oriented, right...? Ahhh, who gives a fuck. If you don't, raise your middle fingers!!" I don't think a single person watching didn't.

After the concert, most people left, and it was just me and Chris walking around the fair again. I tried to call my mom, but for some reason her cell phone was turned off so we didn't head home until about 11 when we bumped into them in the carnival. Then my parents gave Chris a ride home, and we came home, and I took a shower, watched SNL, and went to bed.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home