the Michael Pages

MySpace

Tuesday, June 15, 2004

Its been a hell of a busy week.

I'll start out with Saturday night, the Instrumental Music Awards Banquet (more commonly known as "Band Banquet," but I hate how everything that has to do with music has the tag "band" attached to it). Half an hour before 4:30 PM, or, yeah, at 4:00 PM I took a quick shower and got dressed up and ready to attend the 7 hour banquet. I did all this while at the same time chatting with Ann online. Talented, no? lol. When I get to the Doubletree Hotel in Mission Valley where its held, there weren't many people there yet. But gave it a few minutes, and the hallways were brimming with people. Reception was 45 minutes long, so I just wandered the halls of the hotel with fellow musicians (jeeze, that sounds cool... "fellow musicians" hahaha). The bathrooms had hands-free soap dispensers with motion sensors asdfklj?! It was that cool :P. At 6-ish the doors to the ballroom thingy open, and DAMN that place was huge. Huge enough to fit 40 or 50 tables that sat about 10 people at each, plus a stage and a dance floor. I shared the Sun Clan table, table 12, with Ambrose, Vladik, Meg, Melissa, Brittany, and Katie. Unfortunately, Peter, Jessie, and Johnny couldn't make it. Dinner, blah blah blah, awards, more blah. Jeeze, the awards took a long time. It was so damn long primarily because each senior got an award and a little shoutout they could give. Atleast some of them were funny :P. Mr. Torns gave me the Sundevil Scholar award, the one that was given at the school awards ceremony on June 1st, but I didn't get it. I didn't get it on June first because I left the ceremony early to go to orchestra rehersal. So instead, Mr. Torns calls my name for me to come up to the stage to get it o.O. You know you've won when the good people of the audience cheers and applauds for you louder than those before you =D. I'm thinking that not too many freshman were expected to get awards, so when I did, it was a big deal, even though it shouldn't have been. lol. At 9 PM, the passing out of awards ends, and the dance begins. Before the day of banquet, I had read on the MC band website that "Many consider the dance at the banquet to be more fun than all of the school dances. Combined." My initial thoughts were "Pssh, yeah, right." But after spending 3 hours dancing, I have to agree with it. lol. I think the reason why I liked it more was because the songs were student chosen. The majority of them were still rap and hip hot and stuff, but there seemd to be a bit more variety than your average school dance. Out in the lobby, there were items up for raffle, one of them an X-Box. All students got one free raffle ticket, and most of them put it in for the X-Box. If you wanted more raffle tickets, you'd have to buy them. Me, Vladik, and Ambrose made a deal: if any of us won the thing, we would go to the winner's house to play it. lol. Ronald put like 15 tickets in for the damn X-Box. But in the end, the winner of it was some girl who won it with her the ticket that she got FREE for just being student. Haha. The dance ended at midnight with the last song being Greenday's "Good Riddance." That song is WAAAAAAAY to overated, yet it fit perfectly the mood of everyone at banquet. It was essentially the last get together of all the music students of the entire year. Seniors will be leaving, and freshman will be filling in their places, and the circle of life moves on. One year ends, and another one begins. With final hugs and goodbyes, everyone leaves full, exhausted, and satisfied.

End.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home