the Michael Pages

MySpace

Saturday, April 24, 2004

Whoa, guess what? I just came on to www.blogger.com to write a blog, and they asked me to be a beta tester for Google's new email system, Gmail. How cool is that? I remember reading about this in the newspaper, and it sounded extremely kick ass, but it said it probably wouldn't be another year or so. When I read that last part I was like "damn!" But hey, now I'm a beta tester =P.

Holy hell, this is so awesome. Gmail offers one free gigabyte of storage space. Wanna know how much that is? Well, one gigabyte is one thousaid (yes, you read that right) megabytes. The free version of Hotmail only gives you 2 megabytes, and the paid for version gives you 100. Pay for Hotmail, and you get 100 megabyes of space. Use Google's new free email service Gmail and you get one gigabytes worth of space. They're so confident about this that they say "you will never have to delete an email again... just put it into your archives for storage." Jeeze, that's crazy. They also have this little feature where you can search for specific emails. There's probably a zillion more features, but I'm still exploring How cool is that? And no, Google didn't pay me to say all this stuff.

You may have noticed that I wasn't online for most of the past week, and I didn't get any of the site updated. Here's why:

Last Sunday my dad caught me online at 10:30-ish PM or so. He jabbed the "power" and ripped my hardrive out. While he was walking out of my room, he muttured something along the lines of "never again... no more computer..." But after a week of being an angel (heh), he gave it back to me and now here I am.

The week was mostly uneventful (or I forgot what happened in it). Then on Friday, yesterday, Meg persuaded me to buy a ticket to morP. Being the last day tickets were available and after school, there was this huge line that I didn't really care to stand in, but I did anyway. I knew my dad was gonna be pissed that didn't show up at the place where he picks me up, but oh well, anything for meg. After I got my ticket, I was walking towards BMMS because that's where he usually waits, but I saw him walking towards me. I knew I was I was in trouble, but it turned out that he was more worried about where I was than angry. While he was still steaming, he said I was not going to the dance, but after he calmed down, he changed his mind and said I can go.

That leads to tonight when I head over to Meg's house to have dinner with her, Allison, Ambrose, Jason, Jessie, and Patty. After that, most of us are heading to the dance. Cool stuff, eh? I'll post about it tomorrow morning.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home