the Michael Pages

MySpace

Tuesday, April 06, 2004

What a week. Hmm, where do I start?

Lets back track to last Wednesday or Thursday, when Ann asked me in school "Hey, do you want to watch a movie this weekend?" "Sure," I replied, and that was that. It wasn't until a day or two later when Carly IMed me and we figured out that we were going to go on Saturday, watch Secret Window (0o0o0o, Mr. Pacilio grammar rules! Italicize movies! That's hot), and eat at Islands. We were to meet at Islands. So on Saturday morning, I go into Downtown SD, and come back in time at 2:30 to go to the movie. I start the 15 trek from my house to Mira Mesa Market Center, and when I near Islands, I see Ann and Mimi. They see me, and dart into the building. Carly was also waiting outside, and she led me in. When we get to our table, there are like a gazillion people there (more like 12 or so), and they all screamed "HAPPY BIRTHDAY MICHAEL!! SURPRISE!!!!" For a second, I was wondering what the hell was going on, but then I realized what was happening. Dude, no one's ever thrown a surprise birthday part for me before =). I thought only Ann and Carly were gonna be there, but apparently they had planned that. They aso secretly invited, Mimi, Jessie, Kevin, Wes, Gerald, Chris, Jessie, Alexandra, Lauren, Leah, and I'm sure I'm forgetting a lot of other people. So we ate, I got presents, and the waitress brought out a slice of a chocolate ice cream cake with a single candle in it. lol. I blew it out, and we shared it =).

After we come out of Islands, we just hang out for a while, and then head into Edwards to buy our tickets. But its still like an hour and a half until the movie starts, so we head into the aracade, where I find that they now have DDR, and that's what I waste most of my time and money doing. lol. The movie itself was pretty awesome, something I'd defintitly recommend people to go watch.

When we come out, its dark, and Ann, Chris, Wes, and Gerald leave. Me, Kevin, Mimi, Carly, and Kevin go chill in Starbucks, and then at around 8:30 I have to go myself.

Holy hell, you guys are the bestest! =)

On Sunday morning, I was at Vons for the vons ensemble thingy, and it was incredible how much f*cking money we made when we sounded so horrible. On Monday, we find out that we made close to $300, so each person that was there gets about $22.

Now on to school business. On Monday in orchestra, I sucked more so that usual. I was messing up stuff that I usually don't, and it was pissing me off. I knew exactly when Mr. Torns was going to stop the orhestra and talk to me about playing better. Ofcourse, he never indicates me directly, but I know who he means.

Today we had a sub in math and took a test. With a sub, it was soooooooo much easier than with Mr. Cummings. lol. I was looking through the book for formulas and such, and she didn't even give a damn. I'm pretty sure I *passed* that test. That doesn't happen to often anymore in math >.<.

This whole week and part of last week, we've been performing Shakespeare's A Midsummer Night's Dream (grammar rules!). It's so damn funny how our class does it, but its cool. I love the way Mr. P starts out each session... *holds hand straight out and looks ahead at the wall* "ACT 1!" *holds up one finger* "SCENE 2!!" *twists hand around and holds up two fingers* *throws arm around to point at narrator* "NARRATOR!" lol, ahhhhh. You just gotta be there to experience it. lol. Today during the play, Mr. P's part required him to put on a mask that resembles a donkey's head, and Sammie, Puck, was standing right next to him. "Ahhhh, thats scary!" lol, then Mr. P starts chasing Sammie and we all laugh because its not part of the act. lol. My character is Theseus, by the way.

After school, I went tutoring again with Allison. Fun stuff. Then we came back to MC and I stayed there until orchestra rehersal at 7 PM. At school, I practiced my violin, watch swim, and then with Peter, Allison, and Jessie, walked over to Carls Junior. Good food. Yep. When we get back, we hang out for a while, and then more orch people start arriving, and we have a rehersal.

Rehersal was pretty damn good, I think. Mr. Torns made us play everything twice, so the rehersal stretched twice and long as everyone expected it to be, but we sound good. I think we're gonna do okay at festival at the Poway Performing Arts center tomorrow night.

You should come watch us.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home