the Michael Pages

MySpace

Sunday, September 26, 2004

I recently aquired a copy of The Sims 2, and let me tell you, its just as addicting as the first. Remember back in the day of the original sims when you'd waste away many an hour sitting in front of your computer living the life of your beloved sim? Okay, maybe you didn't do that, but I sure did. I can't recall another game that has hooked me into its gameplay as much as the first Sims did. I would spend hours building a house, more hours furnishing it, and an even greater amount of time living in it through my sims. That was about 4 years ago, and now the publishers have come out with a sequel to the original that delivers the same fun and more (how the hell is that possible? I don't know, but Maxis pulled it off). And if you're wondering, no, they didn't pay me to say that.

Now back to life. I haven't updated in so long that I have honestly forgotten the majority of the stuff I promise myself to write in here. Whenever something significant happens, I always say to myself, "Ooh! That's a good blog topic!" Then I procrastinate in typing the blog, and therefore the event slips my mind. Let's see what I do remember though.

This whole week the Grimshaw twin's older brother was supposed to come to waterpolo practice and show us the tape he made of recent JV games and analysis them and stuff. Everyday of the week novice would plead coach Anthony if we could watch it too, and everytime Anthony would say now. The tape didn't come in until Friday's practice, and with one more plead, Anthony just told us to shutup, get in the pool, and start the warmup. So we all jump in and I finish 25 meters out of our 200 meter warmup when Anthony's like, "Okay, get out, we're gonna go watch the tape." o.O. Yeah, thanks for letting us watch the tape right after we jump into the pool.

Saturday was the novice waterpolo tournment at Valhalla. To sum the day up, we lost 2 and won once. We lost the first game against Santana, but I don't think we should have lost that one. We play better than that, but we were making stupid mistakes. Second game against Hilltop we won. The score was almost even with Hilltop down one and only 2 seconds left. Trying to bring the game into overtime, a Hilltop player flings the ball from across the pool at our goal right as the buzzer ends the last quarter, and Nick, our goalie, leaps out of the water to block the shot. Damn good block. Also in that game, Mike got kicked out for being "too aggressive." The ref didn't say anything else but that. How the hell does one get kicked out for being too aggressive? It's waterpolo, dammit. That pissed Anthony off and he said quite audibly, "Yeah, the ref we have SUCKS." Then then ref took his wallet out and gave him the yellow card. Right before the game starts up again, I hear the Hilltop coach yelling at someone in the water, saying stuff like, "Stop pushing my guy under water! Do that again, and I'm gonna jump in and kill you! These guys can't swim, they're freshman team!" I didn't know who he was takling to, but God, we're a freshman team, too. It's not like we have much of an advantage over him. Later, I found out that the other coach was yelling at Scott because Scott had his hands up and was pressing out against the guy, not even using his hands, but the guy he was guarding was going under or something cause he couldn't damn swim. We our third game against Coronado, but then again, Coronado's supposed to be like elite, so oh well. I forget in which game, but in one of them while MC was on defense Scott yelled for a switch with me on the guy's we were defending. Since the guy Scott was defending was behind him, I couldn't see him at first and asked, "with who??" The guy I was currently defending took this oppertunity of confusion to try to get away, and as he tried to swim away, Scott apparently grabbed him by the throat to pull him back. Then the guy yelled "GET THE FUCK OFF OF ME!" The ref blew her whistle to stop the game, and asked who it was, and the guy who had cussed got ejected. Heh. It was a pretty fun day. I was there from 8:15 AM to 5:30 PM. Since only about 3 of those hours were used for playing waterpolo, we just hung out the rest of the time. Nick's mom went several times to buy us stuff like a deck of cards and food from 7-11, so that was pretty cool of her. I missed CYO for it, and so I'm kinda screwed for the seating auditions we have next week, but oh well, I think it was worth it.

Then today I went to Chinese school, and Chinese school is always fun ( ... ). Then I came home, played some sims, celebrated my Grandpa's birthday, played some more sims, and here I am. I should go. Goodnight.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home