the Michael Pages

MySpace

Wednesday, September 08, 2004

This past weekend I went airsofting with Chris at Mr. Paintball. There's not much to say about that except it was hot as hell but still fun. And for you people that'll ask, "you spent a whole day airsofting and don't have anything to write about it?" I'll write a little summary of it. It was my first time ever at Mr. Paintball, even though I've heard a lot about it from airsoft and paintballing friends alike. Entrance fee was $20 dollars and an extra $5 for lunch; not too bad of a deal. Sodas from their fridge were a dollar, but powerades were $2 (?!). So expensive, yet I still bought one cause I was stupid and dehydrated. As far as my performance for the day went, it was pretty average. I got shot some, killed some, on some occasions killed multiple baddies in a game, etc. One of my most memorables shots of the day happened near the end of the day when most of the players had already left and there were only like 7 people left. We were playing in a place with bunkers clustered extremely close together and open building here and there. It was an extremely scary place to be cause it was basically CQB (close quarters battles), and considering its the most feared environment in real life combat, it wasn't much different in airsoft, especially when everyone playing had an upgraded gun. I was peeking out the doorway of a building I was in when I saw a person on my team and an enemy literally run into each other. They stopped and stood there, debating on what to do cause they were too close (5 feet apart?) for them to fire at each other with upgraded weapons. And the the on the other team was standing right there. Right in the open. No more than 15 in front of me. I was wondering if I should take advantage of the situation, even though it probably should have been time out for those 2 cause they were having a conversation. But the chance was too good to pass up, so I switched my gun to semi-auto and fired a single BB at his general direction. General direction as in not aiming because he was too close to miss. But somehow, my BB found its way to his crotch. When it made contact, he instantly keeled over and started moaning (with laughs mixed in). I was deeply apologetic, but he was really cool about it. More so since he was like a 40 year old guy, and was buff and 2 heads taller than me.

Later that night, I went to Jessica's house for her surprise birthday party, but missed the surprised because I was half an hour late due to a late carpool home from airsofting. Besides Jessie, Donald, and Danielle, I really didn't know anyone else at the party because they were from WV. But hey, that means an oppertunity to make friends :P. And thats an oppertunity that I usually pick up on. By the end of the night I was dying with a stuffy/runny nose, red, itchy, eyes, and I could barely keep my eyes open cause I'm allergic to cats, and Jessie has a cat. lol. So the next time I go to her house I'll have to remember to take allergy medicine before hand :P.

Today, we took a test in both math and humanities. And in both tests, I'm unsure about my grade because I thought both were kidna hard. Then in orchestra we sight read stuff, and strangely, I was able to sight read it pretty well. That means my fears of the orchestra not being as good as last year have been confirmed :P (for me, anyways). First off, I jump nearly a whole section in one summer, and second, I can sight read the 1st violin stuff with only a little bit of difficulty. Last year when I was in seconds, I could barely play the stuff when we were sight reading. Now, a whole section later, I can do it. Even my standpartner, Vladik, commented that the music this year is a hell of a lot easier than last years. The orhcestra has always had a reputation for being difficult, but a hell of a lot better than other schools. I'm afraid that its starting to slip beginning with this year. I'm still not pleased with the seating chart. Orchestra has turned into politics.

I had more to say, but I forget. Oh yeah, my audition for CYO is this saturday and we have a waterpolo game on Friday against Granite Hills at MC. I've come to the conclusion that waterpolo is a kickass fun game after you've trained for it long enough so that you don't get tired so easily from sprinting back and forth the pool.

That's all I can remember.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home