the Michael Pages

MySpace

Saturday, August 28, 2004

Well, school started and Thursday, and you know what? I don't really care. After a whole summer of being busy, I can say that I can almost wecome the new school year with open arms. And even though its a new school year, it doesn't feel like it at all. The first day of school felt like any other regular day, except with less work, but other than that, I wasn't able to tell much of a difference. People still hang out in the same places, I see the same people walk around the halls (minus the old seniors, but I didn't know many of them anyway, and the new freshman, but I seriously can't tell who's a freshman or not... everyone looks the same), etc, etc. The only difference is that it seems a hell of a lot more crowded and the lunch lines are hellishly long. But its nice to know that people still hold the tradition of cutting to the front of the line. I suppose that you're gonna want me to describe my teachers like everyone else is doing in their blogs. Let's see...

Mrs. Watson - I wasn't originally supposed to have her for math, but some change made Mr. Matson's entire first peroid math class get transferred into Watson's class. She seems somewhat normal. Math is supposed to get harder according to her, but then again, all we're doing right now is review.
Mrs. Talle - Talle is out on maternity leave for the next month or so, so we haven't met her yet. Instead we have a substitute named Mr. Gibby, who if he is our long term sub, I can't imagine how we're gonna keep up in this AP art class. He's old, mumbles when he speaks, has no clue what we're supposed to do, and talks a lot about his "childhoon living on the farm."
Mr. Currie - Quite possibly my favorite teacher of this year. Compared to Mr. Pacilio, my freshman English teacher, he's just a teensy bit weirder, so a bit funnier, but in a pretty damn cool way. Besides that, the two are almost identical in personality. Looks like English teachers will have my "favorite teachers" spot for two years in a row.
Mr. Raskin - Mr. Raskin is a sick, sadistic bastard in his own little way. But that's what makes him funny. He says that he hates all of us equally and so will pick on us all, but atleast I know that I'll be singled out just as much as everyone else will. Former students of his tell me that he's pretty cool though. APEC seems like a pretty difficult class from what we've already done in the first 2 days.
Mr. Torns - Everyone already knows about Mr. Torns, the music director. He hasn't yet shown his fiery side, so that means that the freshman haven't actually seen the real him yet. Just remember to count while playing music and use longs bows and hope that you will never have to meet his other personality.
Coach Jolk - Eh, all PE coaches are the same. Coach Jolk is no exception.

There you have it. People can stop telling me that I'm darker cause I'm fully aware that I have a tan. You don't spend 2 hours in a pool everyday (4 hours per day before school started) and come out without getting tanned. Now, what else have I missed in this post? Ahh, yes, Eamon jumped head first into a trashcan on Friday and made 9 dollars for it.

Good times.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home