the Michael Pages

MySpace

Saturday, August 21, 2004

There's not really that much to say about this week except that its probably the most tiring I've had in my life. Just all the waterpolo training and such (commonly known as "hell week" by a lot of people) is getting to me. The 2 hours training everyday in the morning and then another 2 hours in the afternoon... gah, I don't do anything but sleep in between the 2 sessions, and everynight I already get atleast 9 hours of sleep. And do you know what the worst of it is? Its that I'm training with novice. On the first day, I jumped in the pool with JV, realized that I could barely keep up, and joined novice instead. Several other people also did that, and on the other hand, some people from novice switched to JV. The first day of training was absolute hell. Practice started at 6:30 in the morning and I was terribly out of shape. But as the week wore on, each practice session got easier and easier until the point where it wasn't difficult anymore, but just kinda boring. Boring because the majority of what we do is just swim laps, and its not exactly the most exciting thing ever to be staring at the tiles under the pool and wondering how much further until you hit the wall. Actually, the warmup is probably harder than the actual swimming o.O. 3 sets of 20 pushups, 3 sets of crunches, and 3 sets of "thinkers" (I'm not going to explain here) alternating. The first day everyone did them without much of a problem, but when you do it each and everytime before practice, you get sore, and with only a few hours until the next practice, you're already sore before you begin. The worst are the thinkers. When we're doing them, the sweat is literally dripping off our faces, everyone is silent except for their heavy breathing, and you can see people's bodies trembling to stay up. I'd much rather be in the pool. As I said, the swimming is kinda boring now, but when we get the balls out, it gets more amusing. So far we've just done a lot of passing and ball handling drills, but hey, this is the novice team, we gotta learn this stuff first. And when we actually bring the goal out and start practicing shooting, its a hell of a lot more fun. Unfortunately, we spend the least time on that, and when we do, its always after the hours of swimming just laps. I'm not really in the mood to write anything else. I really only did this to keep up with the weekly update. I'm hungry. Bye.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home