the Michael Pages

MySpace

Thursday, September 02, 2004

Man, too many things happened today so that it just wouldn't be right if I didn't post. It was a lab day, so second period AP art history was first on my schedule. As it stand, we are still screwed in that class; our normal teacher is out on maternity leave for the next couple weeks and we have a substitute who doesn't know how to run the class and has trouble even getting the slide projector working right. For the past 2 days when we had to use the projector, she had to call Mr. Currie over to help, who always called the school technician who looks like the fat guy from Office Space. The guy with the glasses and talks funny about his stapler. Heh. It'll be interesting to see how we fare on the AP test near the end of the year. During break I had a cinnamon roll, which I've seem to taking a liking to and have bought everyday for the past week.

Ahh, APEC. So much crap happens in this class that it deserves a paragraph all to its own. I think that its safe to say that this is my favorite class of all this year, even more than humanities. The only reason why humanities ranks second is because Mr. Currie is almost exactly like Mr. Pacilio from last year, so I'm used to it, unlike many of the other people in my class who are like "YEEAAHH HUMANITES FAVORITE WHOOO!!" That's why humanities ranks second. What makes APEC my favorite is because of the people in that class, the things that happen, and the teacher. Mr. Raskin does somewhat come out like a jackass, and I'm sure he tries to make it that way, but there's something I can't explain about him that attracts people to him and makes him pretty cool. For example, on the first day when he was explaining "current events," he said something along the lines of "And if you have an event to share that you know someone else also has, please don't hesitate to fight to be the first to share it. It's always fun to see the other people in the class with the same current even all moan at the same cause you've taken their event. Free entertainment for the rest of the class." Or just the other day when the recycling collector walked in and Raskin told him he didn't have anything to recycle, that sparked a whole discussion about recycling. Mr. Raskin talked about "I don't recycle because we're lying to ourselves when we do. We put up ad's that say 'Recycle to save the planet' and such, but what we really want to do is save ourselves. You see, even after we're long gone, the planet will heal itself. I doesn't need us to help it. We just use 'save the planet' cause it looks better than 'save ourselves.' If it actually told the truth, then maybe I'd recycle. *chuckle* No, actually, I don't recycle because I just don't care =)." He's sadistic, but funny. Today in that class, Ambrose and Katie were talking, and apparently Ambrose started getting on Katie's nerves cause she turned around and swung her fist at him. It missed by like 2 cm cause Ambrose turned his head, but I sat there for a few seconds, and then realized "whoa! that was really close!" That made my day. A little while later while giving me current event, "Hurricane Fran-" and like 3 people in different part of the room go "Nooooo!! That was my event!" Even later, Mr. Raskin went into another room to kick some ass, but he closed the door and all of us were like "damn! somebody open the door!" So Ambrose crouched down and tiptoed over to the door and cracked it open just slightly, when somebody shrieked "He's coming back!" Ambrose was still crouched down at the foot of the door, so he ran his way, still crouched, back towards his seat and sat down just before Mr. Raskin walked through the door. It was done so proffessionaly that I didn't think that Ambrose would have been caught. And Ambrose was just sitting there with a straight face looking foward like nothing had happend. Man, I'd never be able to do that. But when Mr. Raskin came through, he took his good 'ol time going to his desk, picking up his pool noodle, walking over to Ambrose, and gave him a good whap with it. That was the second thing that made my day. Oh yeah, we were voting for our class's senate representative, and 4 girls went up to do it. Then George went up just as a joke, knowing he'd never win. But ironically, he won. Oh yeah, he won by a landslide with like 80 percent of the class's votes. That was interesting.

Then at lunch, nothing new. Everything's always crazy during lunch with the people I sit with. There was a fight, first one of the year, I believe. Its good to know that people still keep up the tradition.

During PE, when everyone else had to run a mile, me, Chris, Mikey, Wes, and Peter only had to run half a mile cause we had a waterpolo game later. Then we went down to play raquetball and me and Ravi totally kicked ass. lol. After school, we all and visited Coach J for a while and then headed to the pool deck. I watched JV and Varsity play while I finished my math homework, and got changed to play later for novice. I wasn't the only sophmore on novice cause Peter was playing, too. We lost, but not by much, and I thought it was pretty good considering it was our first scrimmage against another school and it was our novice vs. their JV. There was one point during the game where I was defending a guy, I did my job when the ball came by, prevented him from shooting the ball into the goal, but then I led my guard off and I somehow let him drift a few feet away from me towards the goal -_-. No more than 5 seconds later, only a few meters away from the goal and with no one defending him, he got the ball and fired it in for a point for his team. Right as he caught the ball I was like "FUCK FUCK FUCK!!!!" At that point the coach was like "Michael, do you need a break?" and I meekly nodded my head. I came out extremely pissed off that I had let him get away with that. When I went back in, I gave all my effort to defend my guy, and I guess I hell of a lot more aggressive that I was than in the last quarter, cause the guy I was defending was surprised, and got more aggressive on me, too, to the point where we were literally drowning each other. Just then the ball landed by my head and I picked it up, almost with 2 hands. Actually, I think I did with 2 hands, but it was for so little a time that I'm pretty certain its safe to say both my hands made contact on the ball for less thatn a 5th of a second. But a fraction of a second or not, I shouldn't have done that, and it was lucky that the ref didn't call me out. Then as this guy's defending me and I'm struggling to stay up with the ball, I decide to draw a foul, but then he acutally fouls me. How convenient.

When I came home, I studdied for Hon. Humanities vocab test tomorrow, APEC vocab test tomorrow, and AP art history test tomorrow. I gotta go. Bye.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home