the Michael Pages

MySpace

Sunday, February 01, 2004

Yesterday I went to my old Chinese school for it's Chinese New Year Festival. My old class and I went to watch the talent show, and I'm show we were pissing a lot of people off cause we were being loud and pushing each other and Jonathan was throwing obscenities at little kids and picking fights with them. lol. When the next act was supposed to be a couple of violin players, when the lights went out Ambrose yelled in Chinese "GO VIOLIN!!" and everyone in the audience started laughing and wondering who the hell had said that. Hahaa. The first was a duet by like these 2 third graders and they were pretty good... for their age. While they were playing I said to Ambrose "lets go up there and break out some Elgar." AHAHAHAHAHA... I crack myself up. Anyways, you wouldn't get it unless you were in orchestra. lol. But yeah. Then this other third grader played a solo, and again it was pretty good for his age. Then this one other girl did a solo and it was like really pro. She was even breaking out her third position and stuff. It was the only one that was classical and extremely good for her age but everyone in the audience was talking and moving and it was pissing me off cause she didn't deserve that. But when it was over and the lights went out again we all left. Then during the actual festival, I saw all the people in my old Chinese school like Mimi, James, Brian, Ivy, Michael Wen, the whole gang. As things started rolling, I saw Jane, Karen, Peter, David Nyguen. Yeah, I haven't seen David since 8th grade so it was cool. I talked to some of my old teachers, and yeah. Then I went home. Sometime in the afternoon I went to this violin teacher's house and signed up for private lessons. At home again, I started getting ready for Winter Formal. I found out that 2 more people would be joining us at Bucas Di Beppo so I called them up and changed the reservation. After I was in my suit and hair was done and all spiffered up I went to Ayesha's house. I went in and Carly came out and we talked a bit and then Ayesha and Ann came out. They all looked very prettyful. At 6:30 Ayesha's brother drove us all down to Bucas where we hooked up with Robby and Melony. Jesus damn, Ayesha's brother drives fast. Going down Black Mountain Road was like a roller coaster. o.O. At the restaurant we say other Winter Formal people going in, and all the ladies had corsages on their wrists. At that point I was like "Damn! I knew I forgot something." Ann had gotten me a boutonniere but I had forgotten to get her a corsage -_-. At least I did one thing right and that was getting a reservation cause Bucas was packed. But since I had reserved a table for 6:30 and it was now like 6:50, the lady behind the counter said we'd have to wait for an open table because they don't hold reservations if you're 10 minutes late. Oh well. When we actually did get in, we got seated right next to this huge picture of a woman pinching another woman's nipple. I tried not to stare, but sometime through dinner Ann was like "that guy has really big man man boobs" and I started cracking up. lol. We got full mostly off deserts and a little bowl of mashed potatoes. Haha. While we were leaving we saw some people from school we knew and that was cool. Robby's mom then drove us all to the dance and we all had to take a breathalyzer test. I have always thought that to take that test you had to blow into it, but it turns out all you have to do is talk to it. Then we went in and saw more people we knew, and John Blue and I were raving, and yeah. We danced, got pictures, danced some more, and all the music was like hip hop and R&B. Yuck. Ann, Ayesha, and I went up to the DJ and requested something rock, but I never heard it. At 10 I left because Ann had to leave, but the whole thing was pretty damn fun. Thanks to everyone for contributing to a great time. And thanks to Ann for being my date and making everything like a gabazillion times even great =).

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home