the Michael Pages

MySpace

Tuesday, February 17, 2004

Yesterday I went to LA to visit my cousins and we had Chinese food for lunch like we always do when we go there. And then for dinner, we had Chinese food again. Actually, we had lobster, but at a Chinese restaruant. It was yummy =). When I got bored I watched Pearl Harbor and ate icecream. There's no better movie to make you feel really damn patriotic, but it's sad too. Anyways, I got home around 11 PM and went to bed at like 1 AM. This morning I woke up 10 and my parents were being pissy. But thats okay, cause I probably shouldn't be waking up so late anyway. Let me tell you folks about my airsoft troubles, for anyone that cares anyways. Okay, look here. I bought a gun, an AK-47 and upgrades from an overseas retailer for $511.50 including shipping. Last Saturday I spent an our stripping it apart, getting down to the gear box to open it up and put in the upgrades. When I get to the gearbox, I see that its closes with torx screws. And I don't have torx screw drivers, so damn. I take 30 minutes to put the gun back together. This weekend, Saturday, I get the torx screw drivers, and spent about 6 hours stripping the gun down, opening the gearbox, and putting in the upgrades. Sometime during the whole ordeal, the trigger fell out. God damn, that thing's complicated to get back it. It took me about an hour to get just the trigger back in. So now I put all the upgrades in, and try to put the two halves of the gearbox back together. But the new spring is so damn hard to compress and get into the gearbox that it pops out, and everything explodes and falls out of place, including the trigger. At this point, I say "screw this" and bag everything up, hoping to pick up the progress again another day. That day was today. I get the tirgger back into place, and take about 3 hours to get everything in, in position, and back to normal. Now it's time to test. When I pull the trigger, it doesn't fire, but a loud "clicking" sound is obvious from the motor. Turns out I shimmed it wrong so now I have to take it all apart again and shim it correctly. Damn. Maybe tomorrow. For those of you that are still here, here's a little side story about something else that happened today and is probably more interesting. Maybe. I was playing America's Army on my computer today and I had sniper status. With M82 in hand, I run out to the middle of the bridge, lie down behind the remains of a burning up car, and pop my bipod into place. Peering through the scope at the other side of the bridge, a hooded figure with an AK-47 suddenly comes out of the fog. Upon seeing me, he starts advancing, in a zig-zag pattern, towards me while firing. I pull off two shots, but with him zig-zagging, he's a difficult target. Suddenly another terrorist emerges from the fog and does the same zig-zagging, firing action. As both terrorists continue firing, causing bullets holes and clods of dirt to be kicked up around me, I keep trying to hit them, but it seems hopeless. "Damn, I'm screwed", I thought, and pulled off one last random shot in their general direction. And at that exact moment, they had zig-zagged so that one was behind the other, and the .50 calibre bullet from my rifle met it's target. Both it's targets. As the one bullet pierced through the flesh of both targets, they fell, almost synchronized, as heavy as a sack of potatos. In the ordeal, their running around had made it hard for both me and them to get a good shot. One of their bullets left quite a scratch on me, but it was nothing that my team's medic couldn't patch up. After realizing what good luck I had recieved, I ran, limping, back to where the rest of my team was to be welcomed with "holy crap, nice shot!"'s and "here, take my sniper rifle next round, you're obviously a better shot that I am"'s. Then End.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home