the Michael Pages

MySpace

Friday, October 29, 2004

What a great way to start off a day without school: a dentist appointment at 8 AM in the morning. And after that visit to my dentist, I'm reminded of why so many people fear going to the dentist (and according to Mr. Raskin, 40% of the US population has never visited the dentist). Here's a little snippet of my time there while getting my teeth cleaned...

Me - *flinches*
Dentist - "Haha, relax a little. You're way to tense."
Me - "Wahikiahhuhsayil (transtlates into 'Well, it kinda hurts a little')."
*10 minutes later*
Dentists - "Alright, you can go rinse your mouth out. Here's a cup of water to do it with".
Me - *Rinses my mouth out*

And I swear, what came out my mouth when I spit the water out was literally pure dark red. It took about 6 rinses to get all the blood out. Later on a nurse says to me, "You're teeth are in great condition, but you're gums maybe a little sensitive because you were bleeding a little." Maybe its just me, but I don't remember any of my past dentists ever being so harsh with that little vibrating needle thingy thats used to clean teeth.

When I came home, I completeded another section of my online driver's ed, talked with Ann online, and then..

I walked to Barnes and Noble. Its been a while since I've had time to go to Barnes and Noble, buy some coffee from Starbucks, and just get cozy with a book in one of their big, comfy, squishy chairs. So that's exactly what I did. With a grande pumpkin spice latte and a copy of Sun Tzu's The Art of War, I spent a good 2 and half hours at the bookstore. On the way home I went into In-N-Out and got some lunch.

Then I got ready for the water polo tournament at Granite Hills High. We hit a bit of traffic on the way up, but made it there in time.

Our first game against Torrey Pines sucked ASS. We got raped. I forget the score, but it was a lot to a little. We should have done better, considering we were pretty much even with Torrey Pines the last 2 times we played them. In that game, I got high praise for an extraordinary pick that I made on one of the Torrey Pines guy that enabled us to score. But in that same game was an event of complete and utter embarrassment for me.

I got a fast break down the pool and the guy guarding me was waaaay behind. Me, Grant, and the guy defending Grant were the only ones there, so it was essentially 2 on 1. Our goalie throws the ball across the entire pool, landing the ball right in front of me and setting me up with a perfect chance to score (since no one's guarding me and I'm just a few meters from the goal). Then I don't know what happened. I lost faith in myself, and decided that I wouldn't have been able to make it, so I pass the ball to Grant, who's guy is still guarding him closely so the defender easily steals the ball away. Perfect chance for me to make a goal, and my confidence falters right at that moment, screwing up a goal that we could of had. No, would have had. Nice timing. I can never hear the coach screaming at us when we're in the pool, but at this moment I could hear very clearly everyone in the stands laughing. I don't even know what I lost confidence. In practice, I totally pwn at shooting.

In our next game against University City, by the end of third quarter we were down 10 - 1. Didn't look good at all. In the fourth quarter, we start hauling ass and score 5 goals and prevent them from scoring any. Final score was 10 - 6 them, but this is maybe the funnest game of polo I've ever played. I don't remember another time when I heard such loud applause coming from the the audience as the teams got together to shake hands. And after the game, we were making friends, talking, laughing, with the other team. Good times, good times. Good game.

Tournament continues tomorrow morning. The bright side to losing the first 2 games is that we're almost guaranteed to win the ones we play tomorrow because now we play all the crappy teams. But then again, if you think about it, we were fairly put into the same group as those teams... so who knows? I've got hope, though. Then MC band tournament where I will be working as an usher.

I need to pee.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home