the Michael Pages

MySpace

Tuesday, April 05, 2005

Some guy with a French accent called my house last night while I was eating dinner.

Guy - "Hello, may I please speak to Mr. Henry Sun?"
Me - "I'm sorry, but he's not home right now." (a line that I've rehersed many a time to make telemarketers go away)
Guy - "Well then, is Mrs. Sun available?"
Me - "No, I'm afraid that she's out right now, too."
Guy - "They're both out? When would be a good time to call back?"
Me - "Uhh.. I'd say around tomorrow morning at 9" (a time that I know for sure no one will be home)
Guy - "Hmm, that's a problem, I cannot make this call again. Who am I speaking to?"
Me - "Michael. I'm Henry's son."
Guy - "Yes... Mr. Anderson, I have an offer for you."
Me - "No, I'm Henry's son, and I'm under 18. If I'm not mistaken, you're not legally allowed to make an offer to an underaged person, so I'm not sure you should be--"
Guy - *cuts in* "You may not be sure, but I am sure. This is an offer that you... Jonathan... will NOT want to pass up."
Me - "Sir, I'm sorry, but my family is not interested." *makes move for hangup button*
Guy - "If you participate in this offer, you will recieve two free plane tickets and hotel stay in Las Vegas, Nevada blah blah blah blah blah--"
*I hang up*

I have too much pity for telemarketers. I should learn to end it faster next time.

2 Comments:

  • poo

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 4/11/2005 8:32 PM  

  • http://www.imagestation.com/album/pictures.html?id=2128135446

    usename: allisonhee
    password: allison

    (who would've known?!)

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 4/14/2005 8:08 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home