the Michael Pages

MySpace

Monday, March 28, 2005

Today after badminton PE Kevin was talking about how one day we'll start talking about 3rd period badminton like we were telling war stories...

Kevin-"And as I turned, I saw as if in slow motion my partner fall victim to a shuttlecock!"
Me-"... But I knew I had to go on, so in state of shell shock I got up and stumbled foward while making a desperate grab for my racquet! I had to return fire!"

Yeah.. it was an interesting converstion to say the least. lol. So in the spirit of badminton wars, here's some new music for you: Hans Zimmer's "The Battle" from the movie Gladiator. In my opinion, there is no theme better than Zimmer's for war. If you can, wait until about the middle of the piece, cause thats when things really get cookin, haha. Its a little over 10 minutes long, so just leave your browser open or something. Ofcourse, it will probably have more of an affect on you if you've seen the movie... and witnessed for yourself the thousands of Roman soldiers take on the equally massive Germanic army in a huge pitched battle =P. Its definitely some good music to kick ass in badminton with!?!)(&!

There's a certian feeling that you get when you swim your damned hardest, only to look over and see that you still can't beat the person in the next lane over. Today in practice, I've concluded that that feeling sucks.

We have a meet tomororw against RB at RB. Yahoo!!

5 Comments:

  • Well..Holst's Planets (Mars) is also pretty good war music...everytime my cousins come over for Xmas and we have wrapping paper fights we always play that music in the background...such fond memories...:P
    I'm not sure if Holst beats Zimmer though, because I haven't listened to it...and I don't really feel like listening to it XD

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 3/29/2005 4:45 PM  

  • dude i owned that guy in the nuts yesterday and today that kevin kid in the face now that is music to my ears heh

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 3/29/2005 6:08 PM  

  • Yeah, lol, badminton is getting more brutal by the day =P. I like it.

    By Blogger Michael, at 3/29/2005 9:09 PM  

  • that sounds like the Pirates of the Caribbean soundtrack and the Mask of Zorro soundtrack. probably because it's by the same composer, WHOA!

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 4/03/2005 7:53 PM  

  • Man that was nothing compared to when Chris spiked a shuttlecock at that girl's chest and got all happy because that would have been the closest he ever got to a girl's chest in his life

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 4/04/2005 10:38 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home