the Michael Pages

MySpace

Sunday, April 03, 2005

So Pope John Paul II passed away yesterday. Now as most of you probably know, I'm not a very religious person. However, that doesn't mean that I can't admire the many great things that he accomplished. John Paul II was the first Pope ever to apologize for the mistakes of the Catholic Church, for example, the condemnation of Galileo. John Paul II personally forgave the man who had left him in critical condition in a failed assasination attempt. There is no doubt that he also played a large role in the decommunization of the Soviet Union. He advocated for peace, and displayed his disaproval of the the United State's hunt and war against Saddam Hussein. These are only a few of the many great things he did. Truly, Pope John Paul II was great defender of peace and human rights for everyone. He will be missed.

Other than that, my weekend's been pretty fun. Went to the musical Crazy for You on Friday night with Patty, Robyn, and Jonathan. Its really damn good, a lot better than last year's school musical. On Saturday after CYO I began reading The Da Vinci Code, and needless to say, its impossible to put down after you've started. After I got a little reading in, I went and saw Sin City with Thai-an, Brian, Danielle, Tanya, Maren, Julia, Fran, and Bonnie because it was Thai-an's 17th birthday. After the movie we went to Farrel's and then bowling. When I came home at around 9 PM, I celebrated my own 16th birthday with my family (its actually not for another 2 days, though). I spent most of today at the beach. Its been fun.

1 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home