the Michael Pages

MySpace

Wednesday, August 31, 2005

New post, I guess.

Well, its been that time of year again. That time when you've practiced countless hours on a solo piece for an audition into an orchestra, and then you only get to play about 3 minutes worth of it. I had worked on the whole page; Mr. Torns stopped me at half. Haha. Scales were okay... and sightreading was horrific as usual. Everyone always comes out of that audition room thinking the worse, myself included. After 3 days of violins auditioning, they finished today and posted up this year's seating placement. I got principal second. Huh. Yes, I had applied for this spot and had written an entire essay for it that spiffy-ed myelf up, but it still came as a surprise that I got it, considering I DO suck compared to Ambrose. I honestly think he was jipped out of a highly sought after position.

Then in the waterpolo scrimmage this afternoon, we played Mr. Raskin's son's team?! Crajeee. I made 2 goals when I should have been able to make 4. Those 2 that I missed were when I was literally one on one with the other goalie cause the teams were still like halfway down the pool. It should've been child's play, free points. But instead of shooting for corners, I shot directly at him? What was I thinking? He didn't even have to like, move to block them. Dubya tee eff. Oh well, atleast I still came away with 2 goals :P. In the end, we lost. But I do believe that we played fairly well, considering more than half our team had never played polo before and this was their first game ever.

Mr. Raskin to me in the parkinglot afterwards: "Thats my son's team's first win! Thanks!" *shakes my hand*

2 Comments:

  • Auditions, Locker, AP Bio, APEL, hallways.

    I basically see you like 75% of my school hours Michael.

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 9/01/2005 8:48 PM  

  • no CYO auditions, foo
    \\\\\\\\\\\

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 9/10/2005 9:47 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home