the Michael Pages

MySpace

Sunday, January 09, 2005

Last night was MC's first orchestra concert at the Poway Performing Arts Center. I got there at the specified call time, went onstage for a little pre-performance rehersal which was right after the Wind I rehersal, and I'd just like to say

Man, its so disgusting how bandos empty their spit valves on the ground.

We sounded a lot better than we do in class, probably because it was a professional stage and all that crap. But like, hey, it actually wasn't that bad. According to my big Russian of a standparter, Vladik, he actually thinks our first concert this year was better than our first concert from last year. I had fun playing in the concert and watching Wind I perform afterwards.

After the concert a bunch of us went over to TGI Friday's. It was fun as hell screwing around, screwing around with camera phones, the food, drinks... screwing around in general. Oh yeah, the food was good, too :P. We made some weird concoction of a drink out of ketchup, mustard, ice cream, barbecue sauce, shrip tails, etc. Before we began, the glass was empty. By the time we finished, it was full of all this mixed together crap with a scoop of icecream on top, making it look almost like a dessert, despite the vomit looking substance right under the icecream. Tanya wanted someone to take a picture of her pretending to drink it, so she was going to suck it up the straw halfway for the photo, but it somehow went all the way up and... ahhh, the look on her face, priceless. After that, I felt that I couldn't leave without taking a sip myself so I did, and by the end of the night, about 4 or 5 people had tried it, although none of us actually swallowed any before we spit it back out. By the end of the night, our table (actually 3 tables put together since we had so many people) was so damned messy, the waitress honestly deserved her tip.

Goddamn, Chinese school. I can honestly say that it is the HARDEST class that I have ever taken. It doesn't help much that I always have a week to do the homework and study for the tests, but I always wait until the morning of the actual school day :P. Today was extra craptastic, too, since it was our first day back from break and our final, for some reason, was today. That means that today was the first time in 4 weeks I have opened up my Chinese book to study... for a final. Needless to say, I don't think I did that hot on the test. I guess I deserve whatever grade I managed to get from only 3 hours of studying on the morning of the test, but seriously, even when I do study, my scores aren't all that much better. That's probably why I never even try. No matter what, it seems I'm doomed for a low score. What pisses me off most is that we are a college level class, our teacher only has experience as a college proffessor, we use college level textbooks (the same one that USC uses), yet we aren't allowed to call ourself an AP class because classes that aren't part of school aren't allowed to do that. That is so gay. Basically I'm working my ass and failing for what should be an AP class, but isn't.

Damn, life sucks. Actually, only Chinese school does.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home