the Michael Pages

MySpace

Sunday, November 21, 2004

I was allowed to miss 8 questions on my permit test. Any more and I would have failed. I missed exactly 8. Jesus, it was scary to watch the lady grade my paper out of the corner of my eye and count everytime she made a mark on the test with her red pen. But after her 8th mark, she called me over and said, "You're lucky, you barely passed. Study up on the questions you missed. Congrats, here's your learner's permit." *Whew*

4 hour CYO rehersal on Saturday seemed like hell. Probably because our past like 3 rehersals have all been only an hour and a half due to the Nutcracker Orchestra thing. I still don't know like half the people's name that I hang out with during breaks. Heh.

After CYO I came home and took a nap cause I was reeeeeeaaaaally tired for some reason. Woke up, took a shower, got dressed in concert attire (pretty as a princess!), and whisked off to Downtown San Diego at the Westgate Hotel for the BRAVO performance.

Here's what I don't get. Tickets to the event costed $200 each. You'd think that people who would shell out that kind of money to get in would actually give a crap about the performances. But while we were up on stage, people were rude as hell not shutting up, not even listening. Yeah, it sucked. By the end of our performance, most of the audience was gone anyway. Mostly in part of weird planning by the hotel cause like there were 17 stages and all the performances overlapped each other, so if you wanted to see the next performance start you had to leave the current one before it ended. Oh well, as Mr. Gilson said, "I don't care, they're giving us $1000 to do this. I'd do it again in a second."

After we ended playing, most CYO people left, and only like 7 stayed for the afterparty. I waited for 2 and a half hours with Allison for the party to start. Yeah, that was really... not fun. Nothing to do anywhere in the hotel so it was boring as hell. So we just strolled around Downtown, went to Horton Plaza (where all the shops were closed), and along the way Allison would drop sandwhiches off in inconsipicuous places for homeless people to take. Still boring as hell. And for all those people that didn't believe that me and Allison would go ice skating in our concert attire, guess what? We did. Hah.

The wait for the party to begin was hell, but when the time finally came, wow, what a turnaround. It was like reeaally classy. I don't even know how to explain it. But as the night wore on, it became less and less classy as people stopped drinking wines from glasses, and started chugging down the booze from the bottles. The smell of alcohohal was strong, and everywhere around us you could tell people were a bit... drunk. I'm happy to say that I abstained from any drinking :P. Instead, I had like 5 things of Ben & Jerry's icecream. The dance was fun. The afterparty was fun. It was worth the wait. I wish more people I knew could've been there, though.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home