the Michael Pages

MySpace

Saturday, November 13, 2004

Haven't yet seen The Incredibles? Then do it. Do it NOW. As soon as you can, anyways :P. You'd think that Pixar would have run out of its creativity juices by now after making so many hit movies already, but I honestly think that this one may be their best yet.

Looks can be decieving, huh? The last time I was in a room with so many little kids was when I saw Toy Story for the first time like 7 or so years ago. The previews for this movie were VERY kid oriented... almost down to Winnie the Pooh level. Maybe that's why while I was sitting there waiting for the movie to start I was doubting that I had made the right choice in wanting to watch The Incredibles.

But once it started and things got rolling, oh did they get rolling. The film is amazingly creative. I doubt any of the little kids in the theater actually understood the plot of the story or how much imagination went into the constructing of each scene. They were probably in there just because there were colorful animated characters on the screen (hey, when I was a kid, I was obsessed with anything that was cartoon, even if there was no sense behind it).

So yeah, I really recomend watching this movie.

By the way, at the theater I saw Sammie and Jane, who were with their own group, Kevin, who was with his group, and a girl by the name of Linda who goes to Mira Mesa High who I'm sure none of you know, but we've been friends since like... ever... because we had the same nanny as infants. I hadn't seen her in like... a year?

Today in CYO Allison decided to come down from her seat like a gazillion stands in front of me and be my standparter in the back. lol. Next week CYO is playing at the Westgate Hotel in Downtown. Tickets are $170 a pop to get in. Not tickets for the concert, because we're not playing a concert, but it still makes me feel really God damned important :P. We're playing at an event (for charity?) where apparently a lot of important people in San Diego will be at, including the mayor. According to our conductor, Mr. Gilson, "It's like a prom for big people." I heard that last year the governor of California was there. Maybe Mr. Schwarzenegger will drop by?

My certificate from completing the online driver's ed class that I took came by mail today. And my to-be driving instructor came by my house to give me the form that says I'm enrolled in his driving program. That means that I now have all the papers I need to get my permit YEEEHAAAW! I'm sceduled to get my permit next Friday... assuming, ofcourse, that I pass the test :P.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home