the Michael Pages

MySpace

Monday, November 10, 2003

Ahh, I haven't been airsofting in so long... and today was so fun. But then again, any day spent airsofting is fun. I say this would have to be one of the best so far though. Woke up at 7:30 AM and did my daily morning stuff. Then at 8:30 I was over at Chris's house to airsoft. No one else was there yet, so we played a few games of cooperative Halo. Then Nick came, but still there weren't enough people yet, so on with Halo. At 9, we're like "hey, we came here to airsoft, so lets just do that while we're waiting for the other guys. We go outside and gear up and stuff, but then all the other guys arrive before we even get a game started. Brian, Paulo, Jr., and Kevin come. We just about start a game, and then James comes. Then we take all our stuff and go out behind Chris's house, where its the base of Black Mountain and its like a nature preserve or something. Everything there is dry and dead though, so I'm not exactly sure if they can call it that. Technically we're not suppose to be there, but the police never care, only the Rangers do. Luckily none of them came by today. Our first game was a standard team deathmatch thing. I decided to flank the other team, but apparently some of their guys decided to do the same thing, so we met head on. It was 2 vs 1, me being the 1, so I was freaking out taking on 2 guys at the same time so they easily put a head shot on me. In the end, the other team won. Later on in the day, a construction worker in a yellow truck came by. We thought he was gonna bitch at us for being there, but it turned out he was just there to check the water pipe or something, and was pretty cool about us playing with guns. He even fired a few rounds from Chris's glock. Before he left, he said "I wish I had these things to play with when I was a kid." Then we start a round of capture the flag. This time I successfully flanked them and took out 3 of their guys, but Nick under his camo tarp thingy tagged me out. Once again, in the end, we lost. Sometime later, we decide to play out something like D-Day: Omaha Beach. 2 guys, Nick and Chris, go up to the top of the hill and pick a position to stay in, while everyone else tries to take them out and get up there. Pretty much an assualt and defend type of thing. We were gonna split up into 2 teams and flank them from both sides, but they said that there was a rattle snake on their left flank, so we scratched that idea. Instead, we got some people to go up the middle, while other people flanked them from the left. Holy crap, it was layed out so damn tactically. We were moving as groups, giving each other cover fire, and yelling crap like "COVERING FIRE!!!" and "LEFT FLANK!! LEFT FLANK!" We easily won that round, with me taking out 1 of their 2 guys. That game was so damn fun that we decide to do it again, but this time giving them another guy: James. Once again we were moving tactically, advancing towards their bunker, all while staying on the trail. On both sides of the trail is tall grass. When we got to one section of it, James suddenly pops out of the grass and starts firing at us from about 5 feet away. Not exactly the smartest thing to do when there are 6 enemies around you. As soon as he pops up and starts spraying, all 6 people on my team open fire on full auto on him. It was so damn loud, almost like real combat I'm guessing. He ofcourse gets hit like a bajillion times, and the funny thing is that he didn't hit any of us in the process. After this, Nick runs up to us and mows us all down because we were practically standing in a straight line side by side. All he had to do was sweep his fire. We lose. We decide to do this one more time, giving them only 2 people this time. we switch James and Nick out, and give Chris Wes as a teamate. So its 7 against 2 again. We play for a damn long time, and no one gets out. My team flanks them from both sides, but they just escape down the middle. When both flanking teams met each other in the center, we were like "wtf, where are they?" and then we see them running down the hill into the field. We run down after them and hide behind some bushes when they started firing at us. At this point the battery in my primary weapon dies, so I whip out my pistol. All 7 of us are behind 1 bush, so I say "they're gonna get us too easily this way, spread out." I run a few feet away to another bush, and I feel a BB hit my mask, so I call myself out on a headshot. As I walk back to our base, I looked at where Wes was, and saw that he didn't even have his gun raised, so he couldn't have been the one that shot me. But Chris was no where in sight. I sit at base and watch everyone else, who are all still behind the single bush. And Wes is just standing there in front of them a couple hundred feet away. Suddenly I hear full auto fire and everyone calls themselves out. Turns out that Wes was drawing my team's fire while Chris was flanking us. We were paying so much attention to Wes that Chris got all the way around us, and behind us. He was shooting at us from directly behind us. We lose again. Then we go down to the house and eat some pizza. We just hang out in Chris's backyard for a while. Heh, we did some "dueling" with the spring weapons. 2 people put their backs together, take 10 paces foward, turn, fire. It was pretty fun, but also pretty childish compared to what we were just doing before. While I was recharging my battery, Kevin accidently stepped on it and got dog crap on it. Thanks, Kevin. lol. That was my day. Damn long entry.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home