the Michael Pages

MySpace

Monday, September 04, 2006

This is what I'm turning in:

Michael Sun
Boyer
APEL Period 5
September 4, 2006

Writing a Ballad

Once upon a fifth period English
In their planners the students jotted
Homework for this holiday weekend
Was to compose an original ballad.

There sat Michael at his lonely desk
Fresh out of ideas and straight out of luck
Staring at a daunting blank word document
In his head he said to himself, “Oh, ****”

What would he possibly write about?
For he could not think of a single subject
Time was quickly ticking itself away
And this writer’s block he could not deflect

“I wonder,” he said quietly to himself
“What everyone else is writing about?
If only I had some ideas to begin
Then maybe this wouldn’t be such a washout”

Dragons and knights were the examples in class
Add in a love story and Mr. Boyer’d be happy
But Michael wanted none of this in his piece
“I’d rather fail the assignment than be so sappy”

When the project seemed certainly doomed
An idea hit Michael while he ate a salad
“I know what I can write about!
I’ll write my ballad about writing a ballad!”

3 Comments:

  • boi u r crzy.

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 9/05/2006 9:52 PM  

  • one of the many topics that I thought writting about...but i decided that someone would have written something like that already...and alas.

    good job. I like the bleeped out word.

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 9/05/2006 11:19 PM  

  • I bet Boyer thinks I'm crazy. I have a supposedly more "violent" side because people die in my ballad...

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 9/10/2006 8:30 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home