the Michael Pages

MySpace

Thursday, August 17, 2006

As I was driving down the 15 south to Mira Mesa after the evening water polo practice, I signaled and began switching lanes to get into the rightmost lane because my exit was coming up. But before I could get to the lane to exit, something caught my attention: a bird, a pigeon perhaps, shot out onto the freeway from the left and began weaving through traffic. For the next maybe two seconds... no, less than two seconds, this insane gray blur continued to fly between the moving cars. The last of I saw of it, it had flown in front of the sedan in front of me and out of my view. I had expected it to come back into view on the opposite side of the car where I saw it go behind and continue its flight path, but it didn't. The next thing I knew, I was driving through a cloud of feathers that seemed to have been emmited from the grill of the car in front of mine. When the feathers cleared, I remembered that I had to switch one more lane to exit. The car in front of me did the same thing, and when it got off the freeway onto the local streets, the first thing it did was turn in to a gas station, I'm guessing to see what the fuck had happened.

That was my suicidal bird story of the day.

3 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home